Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Banana Bunch Miracle!

Well, today I placed the orders for the shirts. I know, I know, a day late... but I was so exhausted yesterday from getting everything organized that I just decided since I am the one who set the deadline, I don't need to pressure myself. So I did it today. The grand total of orders from my Banana bunchers was 126. I can't believe it! SO MANY SHIRTS. So I placed the orders, one for short sleeve and one for long. I realized after i sent the orders that I had a little anal Anna moment and wanted to make sure everything was copacetic. So I called the Tshirt company, and spoke to my new best friend Jim. He noticed the 2 orders placed were the same and said, "Anna, I can save you some money since you happened to call" OH BOY! There isn't much more that I love than saving money. He combined the orders and I got a discount price for each type of shirt at the 126 item price, and POW! I saved 201 bucks! Now Iwill be able to donate a very significant amount. Once all the shirts arrive, and the shipping costs deducted from the total, I will let you all know how much is donated, and I will do it in the name of the Anna Banana's Bunch Supporters, YOU! Thank you for making this little endeavor such a success! That was my first Banana Bunch miracle...

The SECOND crazy thing that happened today... 5 weeks ago today, my friend Emily put a bracelet on my wrist with the intention of new beginnings, and dreams come true. My directions were to wear this bracelet until it fell off, then my dreams would come true! Well, today 5 weeks ago and almost to the minute or the same time it was put on, it fell off. I was strugging with a CD and trying to make it work in our DVD player, all these new fangled contraptions just boggle my mind sometimes... but I got up to go try another CD player and plop. The bracelet fell right on the CD. "OH MY GOD. IT FELL OFF" AHHHHHHH..... My mom turned around, "STOP. We have to take a picture."


So this is our action shot. Don't you feel like you were there too? hehehe.... So who knows... maybe I will get "the call today", maybe I won't. But I do know one wish sure has come true. I have been shown a tremendous outpouring of care, compassion, and support. I never expected to have so many people from all facets of my life so interested in supporting my "cause" and just how many people want to be apart of the bunch. I thank you all so much, and it will give me the strength I need to carry on and get through this really tough and exciting and scary time. To me, you are all truly a Banana Bunch miracle, and a dream come true.

3 comments:

Leah said...

i'm sorry i didn't get to order a tee-shirt. i was on vacation and didn't really have much internet access (just my lame mobile web) but also i am beyond, beyond broke right now (why do medical bills come so late?) and can't afford it anyways. oh well, the day you get the call i will still be so excited for you even if i don't have a tee shirt to put on :)

Jamie said...

I LOVE that picture of you! A definite "WHOA BABY!" moment... so happy (although not surprised) you have such a large "bunch" sending you positive energy and love. Still praying for your special miracle... love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh!!! SOOO many t-shirts. I totally support the Anna Banana Bunch, as you know. Maybe there will be a second round of shirt orders when I am gainfully employed : )

LOVE YOU! -Alanah