Sunday, August 22, 2010

How are you doing?

I just wanted to write about how i am doing. Well, everything is relative, but I would assess my situation as GOOD right now. This is the longest I have stayed out of the hospital in a couple years. I am going on my 4th month of Inhaled antibiotics between hospitalizations. I am not even feeling like I am wearing down. I can feel some congestion in the Left side that comes up when we bang and beat on it, so that is good. I was able to walk around the park today twice, which combined with walking there and back home is about 0.8 of a mile. So that is good. I am keeping up, not slipping. I say this with my fingers crossed because we all know how fast things can change. My GOAL is to stay out of the hospital till i get my new lungs, but i won't drive myself into the ground for that, It is just a fun goal to set to see if they come soon enough!

Other than that MENTALLY i am doing well also. I have my ups and downs, times when i think about the what ifs, but I try to stay focused on the positive and visualize the things that I want to happen when i can breathe deep. The waiting sometimes gets to me, but I know there are so many others on the list that have been there so much longer and deserve their calls before i get mine (even tho that is not how it works anymore) but I still feel that it should be a somewhat first come first serve.

I have been enjoying my kitty cats. Jack spends a lot of time following me around these days, and sits with me while i do my nebs, like right now... purrrrr purrrrr. He doesn't sit ON my lap, but he sits on the soft blanket right next to me. SO CUTE.

My Mom is finally getting better. she even tried marching yesterday ;) So i think we will be walking more this week, good for both of us :)

So things are GOOD. Just trying to continue working my butt off to keep it up :)

No comments: