Friday, August 13, 2010

Power of Two ? or that of many....

Yesterday my mom and I completed our participation with the power of two documentary. We spent the day infront of the camera. I am not going to lie, it was really hard for me to not look like an idiot. I stumble, i was trying hard not to make jokes, and lighten the mood. I felt pressure to "do it right". I wanted to provide them with some good footage for their use, I was concerned that I would waste their time if it wasn't good. I realized how much pressure i put on myself. This was exhausting. We did interviews consisting of me by myself, my mom by herself, and my mom and i together.
The second part of the shooting was at my condo. The four of us, Ana, Isa, me, and my mom sat together on my couch and had a love fest. I was so thankful for this experience. It was the first time the 4 of us have sat down together since i got listed. Also, the first time in a long time that it was just the 4 of us. We got to tell each other how much we love and admire each other. I must say, it was so nice to be there with all these powerful women who i love so much. It really nurtured my soul. It was a bit exhausting of a day and it took until now to have the energy to write about it, but I am so glad i did it. This was the last of the filming, today was their last shoot and the filming is complete. However, Marc the director made it clear that if I get the call soon, they will be there in a moments notice if i want to share my experience with the camera... so we will see... is it in the cards? Will my life magically coincide with this awesome film and turn out to be a narrative for the patients in waiting? Who knows... I will let that one be decided by the universe.

No comments: