Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Miss Priss

Well, I am the princess from the princess and the pea. I can't sleep anywhere except for home. I thought that maybe this year would be different as I finally got my sleep apnea treated, but no way jose. I think it is even worse this year. I had the least restful sleep of my life. If this doesn't change tomorrow, i might have to head home to sleep. I just CAN'T run myself ragged. Maybe if i get tired enough then i will be able to sleep. Hopefully a nap? I think part of the problem is that the only way i get to bed is through a ritual, and there is no going to the kitchen, having a snack, watching tv, then heading to bed. It is amazing how addicted I am to routine.

Also, every time i sleep away from home i curse the day we got a tempurpedic bed. I can't sleep on regular beds now. They squeak, my blood circulation gets cut off in my arm, and i just toss and turn. Obviously it is good that we have this amazing bed at home and i sleep wonderfully on it, but honestly I am ruined! Oh poor baby, I know. I just can't help it. I have tried so hard not to be a prissy sissy, but it just doesn't work, i continue to be high maintenance.

It is funny being in this room because it is the most BARE room, no luxuries what so ever -- not even blankets. And you have to make your own bed, luckily i had one of my slaves do that for me ;) hehe... We do have wifi. I don't even have enough space to put all my medical crap. We need an extra table. I am definitely the village pharmacy over here. I think i am going to TRY to get a little more sleep now. My eyes are getting tired looking at the screen. I gotta get in a better routine here so i can get some rest. Part of the problem is that it is too much fun here and there is always something fun to do... who wants to sleep when your best friends are around? I sure don't ;)

1 comment:

Robin Modlin said...

Hey Sweetie, how about a sleeping pill to get you over it? Must say those beds seemed a little austere or as you said "barren". May you have sweet dreams. Retreat is so worth it. Mom