Friday, August 27, 2010

One Month

Well, today is August 27, so i guess that means that today is officially one month on the T-list. Wow. I don't want to minimize the magnitude of my situation, as I am facing the biggest day of my life, but each day is just like every other day. I would have thought that living on the list was different than this. But honestly, it is easier than I ever anticipated. I have had my moments, but honestly, I just trust and have faith that the right lungs will infact come at the right time.
I am getting more and more ready for them. I have been working on opening my heart and my energy, to accept this amazing gift I am waiting for. I have been trying to connect energetically to my future donor. I hope they are living their life to the fullest and enjoying the time they are spending with their family.

The one thing that is difficult is knowing that the list continues to grow because there have been very very few lung transplants this year. I am really hoping there are some more transplants that happen soon. I am really hoping that the other people who need their lungs most get them soon. I am healthy and stable now, but it won't last forever. I used to think that my transplant was going to happen fast, but I do not have that feeling anymore. I have settled in and I realize this is partly because I am not completely emotionally ready. But I do hope it happens this year....

I just hope that my donor lives their life to the fullest with the time they have, and i continue to get ready for the biggest day in my life.

No comments: