Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A day at the sleep clinic

Today two gimps set out on a date. One with a crutch and the other with an oxygen tank and sleeping machine attached to a cart. clip clop, wobble, wobble, wugga wugga, woooosh. The sounds of the invalids.

We got to the appointment just fine, hobbled and rolled our way up to the sleep center. The doc greeted us after we checked in and we said, "don't mind us, we are both gimps" and he said, it's ok, i am too! He mentioned he had been in some crazy explosion accident, he didn't go into it but said he was lucky to be alive. Anyways, he was a really great doctor and really understanding to all of my variety of issues in addition to my sleep apnea. He downloaded my data from my SD card in my bipap machine. He said that everything looked perfect! I was leaking less air than was allowed by regular use, and that I had no apneas or hypopneas at all. They want the index to be no more than 5.0 and my index score was 0.3. He called me a miracle child! haha! I finally had a good appointment, and the treatment is working! He told me to just keep doing what i am doing and that after transplant i will come back to do another sleep study to see if i can switch to the Cpap, and not use O2 with the machine. YAY. One thing i don't have to worry about anymore!!! Hallelujah.

No comments: