Tuesday, August 3, 2010

One WEEK and time for Retreat!

I got on the transplant list One week today. It took until now for it to really settle in and for me to realize, Ok, i can do this waiting thing. I am really ready to buckle down and ride the ride. I don't have to be on HIGH alert. I just have to make sure that I am available at all times by phone. I guess my lungs are always on call ;) Other than that I need to just simply relax, live my life, and let the mojo flow.

And therefore I am going to live my life with the most amazing people... My CF buddies!

Off to the CFRI teen and adult Retreat today!!!! YAY!!!!! Except it is bitter sweet because two of my good friends are not able to be there this year because of their sputum culture results. We screen everyone to make sure no one has any type of bug in their lung that is shown to be "more serious" So because one of those bugs showed up in two of my friends cultures, they can't join us this year. I am giving them a shout out right here... HEYYYYY! I love you!

I am not sure how I am going to survive this retreat energy wise, but i have a great support network, and my wonderful Linda has offered to help me in any way she can. Also, there is always my wonderful Casey. So they will be my slaves ;) My mom gets to be my slave one more day this week, then she gets some time off from being a slave. I am a nice slave driver though, i let them eat yummy food and take naps, and even exercise if they want. So don't feel too bad for my slaves ;) Also, spending time with ME has got to be fun right? hehe...

I am due for a battery recharge with my friends. I hope this week completely fills my CF love tank!

No comments: