Friday, September 3, 2010

September already?

I can't believe it is September already! There is definitely a shift in the air. My mom and I are definitely feeling it. There is something about what we are doing that is getting a little old. We need to mix things up a bit. Today we are going to the Stanford Hospital Lung Transplant support group with my dad. That should be interesting and exciting to meet others actually waiting for lungs. I have a couple friends who go already who have received transplants and i look forward to visiting with them, as well as meeting some new people. After we are going to dinner with the fam. Should be a good time as always. Since i completed the shirt orders, i am just waiting for them to arrive and get started on the shipping process, that is going to be an undertaking, but i look forward to it, as it will be something fun to do. I am also going to be making some prayer flags to include in the installation at the Ronald Mcdonald house at Stanford. The Dalai lama is coming to visit in October, and they are creating a prayer flag project, which was originally designed and implemented by my glorious mother :) We are hoping that we will be able to attend this event... fingers crossed... we will see. Well, that is about it for now. I think this is day 39 on the list...

Amendment
This is life with crappy lungs... I felt too tired after treatments and shower today, and we didn't end up going to the lung transplant support group. I am sad that I didn't go, but honestly, I was just feeling so wiped out, and i looked so exhausted when i looked at myself, i just couldn't handle it. I have a hard time remembering sometimes that i am waiting for lungs, and that means i can't do all the things that i used to. I can't go go go. I need to stop and rest. It is very weird when the body just says no. For me the experience is a heaviness in my upper shoulders, my head is heavy and my eyes look a bit red. My ezcema starts to flare up a bit on my eyes, which doesn't help the matter. I also feel a general sense of heaviness all over my body. And it feels like the motor just won't turn over. I know it isn't a lung exacerbation at this point because with some rest I feel better, and my blood sugars and still good, and my mucus is not too gross or too much or too little. So i just ran out of energy. When i decided that resting was in order, i plopped on the couch and didn't get up for some hours, 3-4 to be precise. My mom and i uploaded Serendipity on the bluray player with insta-netflix, and watched that. I napped, the O2 guy came, my mom brought me a snack, and i got most of my energy back. My dad called and we said, yes, still come and go to dinner with us. So we did. I was able to gather my strength to get an excellent meal with my wonderful family at dishdash. We don't get to be together very often, and it is nice to cherish the moments we do have. Now i am just about finished with all my nebs, and i am going to finish the night off with some peach cobbler and ice cream (with insulin) and go to bed, only to wake up at 8am to get to Emily's bridal shower at noon. This is why it is difficult for me, who has to get up so early to make a noon get together? ME. I can't wait for that part to be over... come on lungs... any day now....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry you didn't make the support
group- I know you were poking forward
to it. Hugs and kisses!