Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Verdict is in

Well, no hospital for me!!! My pfts were stable, and even up 1%. Statistically that is insignificant, so stable is good. Today i woke up feeling normal and not like i was sliding backwards anymore, so we decided to keep an eye on it, but be happy things are still going well. I did meet with my CF/transplant Doc in addition to the CF doc who was supposed to be on. We discussed my O2 needs and with assessment of my 6 minute walk results from the evaluation, they determined it was best for me to be up-ed to 6L all the time, to make sure that I never drop below 88% saturations in my blood. I am able to use my discretion if it is too high, but this is important as I need to have coverage at all times. This change led to a change in my LAS score, and placement on the list. It raised my score to 40.8 and that puts me at the "top" of the O blood type. There is one other who is high like this, but they are a different size than me. So guys... it could really happen... holy crap. It could happen at any time now... it could be soon or it could be in a while. We just have faith that it will happen at the right time and I will get the right donor.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Whoa baby! I am SO happy your wish for staying out of the hospital has come true. I hope you continue to feel "normal". I am praying that the perfect set of lungs comes at the right time for you. I am so proud of you for keeping such good care of yourself. I know it is hard work Anna, but you have MANY supporters rooting you on, and sending lots of love! Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Anna, this is great news all the way around! I never stop thinking of you and hoping.....Know the waiting is tough but I'm sure it's because the "right" lungs aren't yet available. Bless you for always recognizing the potential donor family!
Norma

sue said...

Anna.... stay strong my sweet! We are sending our love every day!!!
XO, sue, Mark, Syd and Tris