Thursday, July 29, 2010

WARNING PROFANITY BELOW

DO you know what really chaps my ass?

Ridiculous things that Doctors say.....

Wow Anna, you are really stable. 5 hours of treatments? Maintaining weight? Good blood sugars? Staying out of the hospital? No bowel blockages? Working on building your muscles? Keeping up with sinus rinses? Stable pulmonary function test?
YOU REALLY NEED TO BE WALKING 20 MINUTES IN THE MORNING AND 20 MINUTES AT NIGHT. AND GOING TO THE STORE AND WALKING AROUND THE HOUSE DO NOT COUNT!

WHISKY, TANGO, FOXTROT
WTF

for those who are unfamiliar.... (like momma) WHAT THE FUCK!

I apologize for the vulgarity but this really chaps my ass. I do EVERYTHING right, i walk when i CAN, and have TIME... but honestly? Do I not finally get a break? I am SUPPOSEDLY dying isn't that why i am on the TRANSPLANT LIST? Isn't that the time when they finally don't have to pester me to do MORE than humanly possible?

I Completely understand that exercise is important, and we try to keep me moving as much as we can, but you can't ask someone to do that much... you can't ask someone who has so little energy they need their fucking mom to make them food, and help them clean, to go out twice a day and walk around the park with their O2, on top of everything else. Do you know what exercise means to someone who can't breathe? It means doing the exercise for the given amount of time, and resting for the the same amount or more time, and feeling like absolute shit while doing it! THAT is what it means.

Readers, do YOU have time in YOUR lives to go out and walk 2o minutes twice a day? Probably, but i bet you don't do it. Do YOU have time to do 5 hours of treatments? NO. Imagine, you are balancing a plate piled HIGH with spaghetti, and you are trying to keep your meatballs on without them rolling off... and someone comes and puts a big old Piece of bread on top, it all falls down. THAT is how i feel.

That comment made me feel completely disrespected about where i am in my illness. Completely unseen by the doctor, who i would think out of everyone would understand. My lung function is at 28% when i walk I need 6 Liters of oxygen. How do you fit that in on top of everything else? Isn't feeling good and being stable enough?

It just chaps my ass....

4 comments:

Robin Modlin said...

Now, how did that make you feel? I am not sure......... well, we all know how SOME doctors can be........Glad you let it out. Good one, Anna.

Tina said...

What an idiot doctor!! I would be upset too! I completely understand what you are saying about how hard it is. Some people are clueless!!

Leah said...

i remember feeling overwhelmed too. just do the best you can, and that is good enough. some people don't understand unless they've been there. that's what they are told to say, but you gotta live it. and live it the best you can!

erock77 said...

Well, at least they're recognizing you're very compliant, just pushing you towards absolute perfection I suppose. But yeah, that's a lot of expectations and it sounds like you're juggling very well.