Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Feeling the love


I wanted to give a shout out to my dear friend Courtney. We have been friends since Pre-school, Ruth Wood Pre-school. She was a sweet girl and very shy. I was a gregarious little one, and we found a lot of comfort and a great friendship in each other. She once helped the teachers find me when I had gone missing... I fell asleep on the toilet (yes, CF and bathroom issues, it started young... haahahaha) She brought them in to find me. What a hero.
I don't know if she remembers, but I remember when I was 4 and hospitalized for the first time as a child she came to visit me. That is really big for a 4 year old to come and visit their friend in the hospital. It is a touching memory that i still have to this day.
Now, 25 years later, She is pregnant and I am embarking on this gigantic life changing experience of a lung transplant. Weird how at this time in our lives we are experiencing such big life events. Not only the two of us, but also in middle school to high school we had a 4 some of us girls. Anna, Courtney, Emily, and Betsy. Over the years we have all gone in different directions, but all in our 29th year we are all celebrating gigantic milestones. Betsy just had her first child, Courtney will be having hers, I will be getting a lung transplant, and Emily will be getting married. Even more coincidental is that Courtney's baby is due on Emily's Wedding day. How would our childhood selves think to see us all in these different places at the same time? It really boggles my mind and makes me think about our karmic connection together.

Anyways, Courtney and I got to see each other this weekend and she brought me a wonderful prayer quilt, that her church worked together to make for me, with wonderful prayers for the perfect donor and good health. It means so much to me, and she ordered it in purple and beach theme, my favorites!!!! I am proud of the quilt and can't wait to take it with me to the hospital and bring in the prayers. Just wanted to share it and let you all know, I feel so much love around me right now. I feel your good thoughts, and i hold them all close... Please don't stop, we are only just beginning this journey together...

3 comments:

bex said...

life works in mysterious ways!! It seems like you and your friends are getting a great dose of good karma that you all very much deserve.

glad good things keep happening around you... your time for your miracle draws closer :)

Love,

Rebecca

Robin Modlin said...

Cortney,thank you for the quilt for Anna, it is so great!

Court said...

Aww, I love the shout out!! I do remember going to see you at Children's Hospital. I was so worried if you were ok! I am so glad the quilt is bringing you some comfort. I passed on your blog and the photo to the ladies at church, they will be so excited to see it. I am soooo excited about your getting on the list and the journey ahead! Hugs! Love you lots!