Friday, July 30, 2010

Day 3

It is day 3 on the transplant list, and honestly, I don't know if it has really hit me that I am REALLY on the transplant list. I don't know if it will until i am actually at the hospital waiting for surgery. Maybe once I have waited months and months and no call.... that is when it will hit me. Who knows. I just hope I don't have to wait THAT long.

I haven't had the mental energy to deal with the magnitude of my situation as the night before I got the news that I was listed, my genius upstairs neighbor lit his kitchen on fire in the middle of the night. Luckily it was put out quickly and the firemen got rid of the smoke (none effected us). But man, what an idiot. Most people feel sorry for those who have fires in their home, but the Firemen were saying that he was full of BS. Thank god someone else realizes this. It is his stupidity that is the problem. I just hope that I survive living near him ;)

The Irony in life is that this unfortunate person that is my neighbor has survived 50 something years, and yet sadly, yesterday I learned that a childhood neighbor and former lifeguard at Greenmeadow died an untimely death. To which the cause is unknown currently. How could this be? I am the young person who is supposed to die... why do i get the chance to keep living while he didn't even get to realize all of his dreams? Why has my upstairs neighbor survived all these times while constantly doing idiotic things and risking his life? The world is very confusing and the universe works in mysterious ways. My thoughts are with the Schriebers at this time, and know that they must be devistated in despair. I just hope that they are able to find peace at some point, and remember the good life and good times they had with him while he was here.

2 comments:

Leah said...

i really like the new name of your blog, but you do realize that you are going to have to change it again soon? haha :)

Robin Modlin said...

I like Leah's comment and positive attitude using the word "soon".