Thursday, July 22, 2010

Today is Sissy's Birthday


Today is my little sister's birthday. 22 years ago today, my little sister was born. My mom gave birth to what she told me would be a person who i could always count on and forever have as a friend. At that time she was just an exciting little baby doll to play with, and fastfoward all these years and she really is a built in best friend who is always there for me when i need her. Our sisterly bond has grown throughout the years. I respect her so much for her intelligence, her strength, her wisdom, and healing powers. She has such a kind heart, and compassionate spirit that I can't but help admire. Her drive and direction is focused and she is turning out to be the most amazing human being. She is my baby sister, but I admire and look up to her so much. Both literally AND figuretively. hehe... She takes care of me even on her birthday. She makes me feel so special. She loves to hang out with me even when i am gross and sick and spewing mucus everywhere. She loves me when my O2 is buzzing and when i can't catch my breath. She knows how to massage my body to make it feel better. She knows where i hurt, she knows how to make me laugh, she knows me inside and out. And she is a damn good CPT thumper. You should have heard the horses tonight :) She has gracefully lived as the sister of a CFer, a chronically ill sister who always gets the attention. She has put up with the pain we suffer due to this illness, she puts up with me, with the disrupted plans, the vacations not taken, the fun not had, and she still loves and supports me. She is a glue in the family. She is the calm. She is such a strength for me and my parents. We love her so much and i am so happy to celebrate all these birthdays with you. Today, Sara, you are 22 and I love you. I can't wait to celebrate your next birthday with you without CF interrupting any part of the day :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful post about your sister. So, so true--that Sara Modlin is one of a kind. In fact, both the Modlin sisters are such amazing women--that's why I want to be your guys' adopted sister!

Robin Modlin said...

Anna, such a beautiful tribute to Sara. She is indeed so special. Mom