Sunday, July 18, 2010

Checking in

I haven't had anything I have been inspired to blog about. I feel guilty not sharing my experiences, as I know that when you stop momentum things get hard to start doing again. I was enjoying my birthday week. I had so much fun this week doing a variety of things. However, I realized that i am all fun-ed out. I am exhausted. I need to rest this week. I have used this week to try to be "normal" as all 29 year olds are supposed to have a lot of fun with their friends and celebrate their birthdays. However, I realized today as Casey and I got back from Costco, and i had put all the stuff away and re-organized the cupboard, that I was DONE. I need a few days off to just rest, and not pressure myself to be "normal". I need to relax, and tootle around the house. I can't socialize and expend my energy, I need to work on saving it. I still have a few things i need to get organized before I get put on the transplant list. Advanced Directive written, read about the meds I will be taking, pack a hospital bag, update my medication list and print out a few copies... Not too much, but still....
AND it is my sister's birthday this week... YAY. So we will have more celebrating, so rest is certainly in order.
In other news...
This weekend there were 2 lung transplants at Stanford and my sister got to go and pick up the lungs of the recipient, and the donor's trachea. Pretty cool huh? There hasn't been a transplant in over a month and a half and then 2 in about 24 hours. My poor sister didn't sleep this weekend, but she got some awesome experience, and i got to see her one more time than i had expected to. so YAY. And YAY for those who got new lungs and a gift of life, and my heart goes out to the donor's families....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying hi even though you didn't feel so inspired to write. I love it when you write on here and even though we talk regularly and i often know all about your goings-on even before i read about them on here, I LOVE READING YOUR BLOG. I remain one of your most loyal readers. Love, Linda