Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Life changed today, and therefore my blog does too!

Today the culmination of all the work finally came together. I am OFFICIALLY LISTED FOR A DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT. I received my Lung Allocation Score (LAS) and it is 37.7074. That is a numeric status symbol. My placement on the transplant list is dictated by the number, the size of my lungs, and my blood type. It means i am in the "transplant window" and poised to have a call at any time, which will change my life forever! Oh yea, and I am number 13 on the list! LUCKY 13. I can't believe it. It has always been my lucky number and it is true again today!




Today Emily paid me a visit and presented me with a beautiful gift. A small string bracelet, in which to wish upon for new beginnings, the symbol of re-birth. No longer than a hour after she put it on my wrist, she had to leave for her baby sitting job, and as she left, i walked to the kitchen to start cleaning up, and the phone rang. This is a magical bracelet and will be with me the entirety of my transplant journey. It is supposed to fall off when my wish comes true... so i suspect that it will come off when my surgery takes place ;)

And finally, the title of my blog is changing from Anna Banana's Variety Show, to My life on the T-List. As this chronicles my journey, i figured what is better than a tribute to my pop culture and a take off of the show my Life on the D-list. It is a tribute to the silliness of celebrity. I hope you enjoy reading about my journey and my Life on the T-LIST!

7 comments:

bex said...

Beautiful, amazing news, Anna :D
I so very much enjoy reading your blogs... Yesterday was a significant day for me as well... not only was it my sister's 18th birthday, but it was the 8th anniversary of meeting my biological parents. What a beautiful day <3

Linda said...

love you and love the new name of your blog...and yes, I get it!

Leah said...

Wow Anna! Congratulations! I bet you feel a ton of mixed emotions. Roller coaster ride to be sure. I pray that you have peace during this time and that you get those new lungs at the perfect time! Yay!

Unknown said...

dear beautiful Anna,

thank you for sharing this news . i am so excited for you... and seeing you smiling and breathing easily. your email that your dad forwarded touched me deeply. i am in awe of your presence, your courage, compassion and delightful humor through your journey.
sending you much love and prayers each day.

adam topol said...

Your Blog Rocks!!!
Keep the F Bombs a flying and keep me posted on your life.

I am channeling positive energy and love your way

Tina said...

Yeah!!! COngrats on finally getting listed!!! I hope the wait goes fast.

Hippiekisses said...

I just met you today at the store :) I am Michelle, live in mt view and I BELIEVE you will receive a pair of pink healthy lungs !!!!