Thursday, July 8, 2010

Some days are up some days are sleepy

Today is one of those days where i realize i am tired. I am not the spring chicken I once was. I had a day full or errands yesterday, and today, I must rest. I had ideas of doing more, maybe actually driving myself somewhere ( i have not driven since my last hospitalization) but now i am thinking resting is in order. It is such a tough balance between pushing myself to stay strong, be active, and doing too much and knowing when i need to rest and sit on the couch and nap. I rested all weekend, after my exhausting week, but I need to rest again. Everything takes so much energy these days.... hence why my good old momma is helping me. Oh wait, she isn't old, she is just GOOD.

Yesterday I officially completed all of my testing for the transplant evaluation. I had to collect my pee for 24 hours and then drop it off and have blood (only one tube) taken. We also turned in the contract that my caregivers had to sign to agree they will take care of me for the 3 months after transplant(and obviously more if needed).

I also picked up my new glasses for long distance/every day wear. I don't have to wear them, as i see ok on my own, but i have astigmatism that just began to bother me. So i got some cute cole haan glasses from costco (I LOVE COSTCO) and i am trying to get adjusted. My experience with them is just like when we got our 47inch HD TV. Our previous TV was just fine, you could see it, it was a little blurry, but the main idea was there. But when we got the new TV life changed and the whole tv experience was enhanced! My glasses feel like that. Everything is a little be sharper and shiny-er. It is very nice that i don't need them all the time, but wearing them makes the world look pretty...

Ok, i need a nap now....

2 comments:

bex said...

hey buddy... I noticed the icon to the right of your blog now for "donate life" -- Jackie (my bff) and I ran the Carlsbad Half Marathon for LifeSharing... and I plan to do it again next year... but I also clicked the link to officiall be a donor.

You inspire me Anna, your really do...and I plan to continue to do races in the name of the CF foundation and lifesharing in your honor. :)

I'm going to be up in San Francisco this weekend. I'll be thinking of you :D

Leah said...

i'm glad to hear you are done with your testing! aren't you glad it's behind you? rest up! and don't feel guilty about resting ( i have to tell myself that all the time too! )