Sunday, July 25, 2010

Christmas, i mean Retreat is coming!

I realized that this week is the week before the CFRI teen and adult retreat!!! Holy Guacamole! I can't believe how fast it has snuck up on me. I have always prioritized retreat in my life, and this year is no different. I have not slept at the retreat for the past few years because I was not able to sleep well, and i found that sleeping at home, and driving to and from was the best option. However, this year is different. With 5 hours of treatments, there is no time to do this, so i am making the commitment of staying at Vallombrosa for the entire week. Obviously if it gets too much I can go home, but i am planning to stick it out to recharge my batteries and live it up with my wonderful CF buddies.
I decided that now that I have my trusty Bipap for sleeping, my sleep won't be so disrupted as it was in the past. I am hoping that this helps me get through the week. The support of everyone there will also get me through. My goal though is to stay well, and not backslide while i am there. So this week is full of getting ready and resting for the busy week to come. I always get so excited for retreat. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, oh wait, i mean myself waiting for christmas ;)

3 comments:

bex said...

have a great time, anna :)

SaraBooYa said...

yay retreat! yayayayay!

erock77 said...

I'm gonna miss you, and the crew. At least you don't have MRSA :)

I wish you the best of luck with the transplant life, and congrats on making the list!
-Eric H