Friday, August 22, 2008

Port is Replaced!

Hello all... I am back and kickin! I went in this morning at 11am and got back about 245pm. My port surgery went WAY longer than expected. My port was covered in scar tissue. They had to even make another incision to pull out the catheter, which was also covered in scar tissue. I must say that it was crazy to be awake during a procedure like that. I remember everything. They kept me talking and engaged the whole time. The numbing med hurt like a mo fo. But i survived. When they were taking out the port it was gross, pulling and pulling. I am going to be very bruised. I have a really stick neck and my cough hurts my neck beacuse the blood pressure builds and hurts the incision into the vessel. I didn't know how long the surgery was, but I felt bad because my cousin, casey and mom were waiting for me for like 1 1/2 hours. But i hear they had a good time chatting. My cousin is in nursing school so we invited her to come and learn and see "the patient's perspective". It was nice that she was here. She is obviously in the right profession, she loved being here. Strange huh? My nurse is really cool too right now, so we are in a good space. I am getting my desenitization now, and on Bag 4 of 7 so I am just hanging out now. Mom and dad just brought dinner for themselves. Casey will bring me Kirk burgers in a while. So yay. Well, They didn't let me keep my old port, but i got to see it before we finished the surgery. He said it was completely clotted from the catheter to the well inside the port. How crazy, so that is a good thing. Anyways, I have been having a hard time getting posts up, it doesn't like this other one i tried to put up this morning, so hopefully this works! Check in for more hopefully.....

No comments: