Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The little things in life....

Today started out with a normal routine, but I got to have a massage at the chiropractic office. I have had a few massages in my day, and I must admit that they were never quite as good as I could have hoped. My head is always a tiny bit weird in the head rest, my sinuses stuff up because of the positioning, and i feel like the masseuse isn't getting it just right. But today, MAN OH MAN. I had the most amazing massage. I didn't even realize how comfortable i was until I tried to get up. I was in such bliss... it lasted through the drive home, and through lunch. I figured i better get to the pool, to continue this day of relaxation. It put me in a trance like state. I don't know if should have driven home, but I had no care in the world. It felt fantastic. The best thing was, she didn't jip me 10 minutes, she did the complete one hour! FANTASTIC. Now my body is all loosened up for surgery. I don't have much else to report, just continuing to get ready for the end of the week, and the weeks ahead. We had Tacos for dinner last night, and we have left overs for tonight. I have decided that when i make tacos, they are one of my favorite meals. I always prepare black beans and corn on the cob to go with it. YUMMMMY! The big bummer of the thing though, was that the new taco shells i bought were kinda stale, so today i took them back to get better ones, so hopefully tonight the meal if terriffic. Also, we have my mom's homemade apple sauce to go with, so you can't get much better than that!!!!! Yummm, i am drooling all over the keyboard. I learned that one from Sara's (my sister's) Cat, Moooey. She also drools all over the keyboard when you are typing. One of the funniest memories i have is a few years ago I was "im-ing" my dad, and he typed, "Mooey just drooled on my D key". I don't think i will ever forget it, i just fell out of my chair laughing. Oh the little things in life.....

2 comments:

Robin said...

I am enjoying your blog. Thanks for sharing you and your great optimism. You know how to live my sweet. I am so proud of you. Mom

Anonymous said...

Here's a recipe I LOVE. Even though it's vegetarian, I think that it's really filling. I hope the link works.
-Alanah
http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/POLENTA-AND-BLACK-BEAN-CASSEROLE-106209