Saturday, August 23, 2008

Dana Carvey and Windy Wente

I was able to have a joyous night before coming into this nut house they call a hospital. Casey and I, with the accompaniment of his family attended the Dana Carvey show in Livermore at the Wente Vineyards. It was really nice. We dodged having too much traffic, got a nice ride on a golf cart, and had a delicious buffett dinner before the show. The food was Fantastic. Now, i was on prednisone already, but I don't htink it was just my orgasmic food experience of being on the "zone diet". Casey confirmed that the food was deliscious even when you were untainted by the oh so powerful prenisone. There were glazed nuts galore, breads of every type, delish light chicken breasts with balsamic reduction, seared ahi with soy sauce, some read meat(which i didn't eat), fantastic spinach salad with chicken and beautiful warm mushrooms, figs, strawberries, champagne grapes, oh so good! The dessert was great too. But first I pile my plate so high! I ate all of it, super fast. Then I went to get another entire plate of fruit. I ate too many figs...but it was sooo good. So we ate, then we watched the show, and man it was WINDY in Wente. But the show was really funny and i definately enjoyed a good belly laugh before the hospital. So thank you to the Martin family for taking us!

No comments: