Saturday, August 16, 2008

Visiting the Sister

Yay, today I am going to visit my sister. I am definitely going to miss her when she goes to study aboard this next quarter. Only 2ish weeks left till she leaves I think. Well, we gotta make this one count! I love you Sary!!!!
... Well, I am back from the adventure in Santa Cruz. My sister is the coolest. We went out to eat at her favorite restaurant, Cafe Brasil, and we got an Acai bowl, which I was forced into ;) but it was delish. It was a smoothy of Acai berries with granola on top and strawberries and bananas. Yum. we had a little bit of a distraction because when we were waiting to sit, my blood sugar dropped to 57 and Sara had to go get me some juice ASAP. But i was able to eat protient with eggs and avacado, so i was good the rest of the day. We went shopping in downtown Santa Cruz, and went to this store that has tshirts for 5 bucks!!!! I tried on a bunch of things, but the thing about fashion is that things are wierd, and they make me look pregnant with my big old CF belly. So most things got the heave ho, but i came away with two shirts, and a camisole thingy.
We almost died twice today, by cars, but we survived. So that was a positive take on the day. We also went into a fun candy store and i had to face the hardest decision of my life!!!! Do i do the cotton candy or the carmel apple?????????? AHHHHHH, it was so hard to decide. But Drumroll please....... we chose to share the carmel apple. It was not the best i have ever had, but it was something fun and different. I had a huge glass of milk with it at the candy store, and I was sooo full. So we had fun. I will miss our jounts when she is gone. But she will be back and we will play. So that was my day with my sis.... it ended up with no beach, but the shopping was fun. I am not such a fan of shopping, but a few stores in a downtown are fun, everyonce in a while. Tomorrow I am going to stick to my pool everyday till surgery routine.... so wish me luck in the sun! Hope everyone has a FUN and carefree weekend!

1 comment:

SaraBooYa said...

haha sister! Thank you for coming down!!!!!! It was quite fun! So...taffy, milkshake, or a caramel apple? You rock my socks!