Thursday, August 14, 2008

Things I learned at Retreat

Last week was one of the most important weeks of my life. Every first week in August is the most important week of my year. It is when we have our CFRI CF teen and adult retreat. It was so fabulous to see my great friends of so many years. Seeing my friends who i only get to see once a year is the best thing. I have been going to CF camp or retreat for 18 years! It has been a staple in my life. I was thinking about how Retreat is so educational, (not necessarily always about CF, but also about life) so i thought it would be fun to list some things I learned at retreat ..... Beware, humor is to follow......

1. Everyone has a Wenis
2. You can purchase a foldable neckrest for sunbathing... and it helps to combat Irritable neck syndrome....
3. I have a group of friends who are so real, so awesome, so wise, and teach me so much about life and myself
4. I have the most supportive significant other I could ever hope for
5. The memorial service never ever gets easier
6. Ana and Isa invented the answer to global warming and it with the use of recycled pill bottles
7. There is a book called, "greiving for dummies" We all met the author!
8. rectal transplants tremendously help the affliction called Critical Farting
9. I am a bunny whisperer, because I pet the wild bunny
10. My people are awesome!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ana,
I have to say that Retreat was awesome this year. I so enjoyed our talk. I hope that I was able to answer some questions. Please let me know if you have more I would be more that willing to answer.
I wish you the best with your new port and this next chapter in your life. Casy is a great guy I wish you two the best you deserve it.
Love to you both,
Lisa aka Yaya

Anonymous said...

honest to blog? you started a blog! how cool! looking forward to following your comings and goings on here but hopefully I get to see you sometime in person soon! SMOOCH!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone to retreat. Oh well, maybe in a few years??

~Kaeti

Anonymous said...

...and I have the best beach buddy ever!