Saturday, August 23, 2008

new port frustration already

Well, things aren't quite as happy as they were earlier in the day. I am a bit frustrated, only because the weekends are hard to deal with because if you have a question, the usual people are not around. So my port site seems to be leaking a bit of fluid. I had my dressing changed, and i did some coughing, and it is a little wet again. My nurse didn't have the expertise to make any decision, so they are calling in some other people, and i just have to sit and wait. It is really painful to have the dressing changed when it is fresh. It sticks so hard on the skin, and you get small rips in the skin, HOW FUN! Then on top of it, they put fresh alcohol to clean it... Yum, alcohol in a fresh wound. Anyways, I have to wait to be poked and proded again. At least my Casey is bringing me some good food to add to the zone diet. RIBS! Please think good thoughts, that this is normal and it is just healing. But the other half of my day was great. I slept 7 1/2 hours, and my sister, Lou, Mom and Linda came to visit. So we had a good time just hanging out. When Linda came she brought a fun goodie bag full of little toys. Hehehe.... She is the best. Just like make a wish every time i see her! Lou and Sara were great too. How nice for Lou to go out of his way to deal with the "sick sister". I really appriciated the visitors. I hope that anyone who is going to the massive concert in SF this weekend has fun! Say hi to Jack Johnson for me! Ok, done babbling... I will keep you all updated as i find out what is up with my port.

No comments: