Sunday, October 17, 2010

The Power of Two, and me?


On Saturday night we ventured as a family to the first viewing of "The Power of Two". It was a rough draft, but still very very good. I have posted previously that I did a couple interviews for the movie, but I had no idea that I would be so present in the film. I am still a little in shock that My face and the intimate details of my illness are all on display. I am doing it for the purpose of education and to share with the world, the hidden life of Cystic fibrosis. I expected to be more embarrassed about my exposure, but the fact that the team, the editors, and director portrayed me in such a realistic and honest light, it allows me to feel that i am not just a character, I am me. Granted, my personality gives me a lot of character, but they did not try to make me "the poor sick girl". Obviously I am sick, but I am still me. My mom was in it as well, she was there as my support. They could not include my whole family, as this story is not actually about me, it is about Ana and Isa's journey, and the differences of organ donation . I am just a fleeting character in their beautifully moving film.

The main purpose of this film is about organ donor awareness, and therefore really needs support to be completed. All the funding comes from donors. I wanted to put out a call to action to see if any of you my blog readers would help to donate and financially support this important film. It takes money to get the word out, and providing a tax deductible donation will help. Please visit The Power Of Two and click on Donate, to make a contribution. I thank you in advance. This movie needs to make it out there... it is going to help move this movement forward. The way to more donors is more education. Please, Please Help this very important cause!

1 comment:

Isabel Stenzel Byrnes said...

Thank you for your sweet words. It is very important that you are brave to show your truth in this film. Just as Ana and I are story tellers, you too are a very important storyteller; and we do have very similar stories. THANK YOU and your whole family for being so open to being such valuable participants in this film.... I love you guys!

And wooooaah, the Dalai Lama meeting just blows me away, just overwhelmes me. You ARE blessed, and I do believe your next miracle is in order! HUGS I LOVE YOU! ISA