Tuesday, November 23, 2010

THE FIRST BREATH!

Anna just took her first real breath with her new lungs at 11:30AM! She is breathing on her own and doing great!!!!! She got extubated at 11:30AM, 22 hours after she left surgery.
More on Anna's first breath!

We got to witness them taking the tube out and when they did they she had to cough to get out any stuff in the lungs. All that came out was a little bit of liquid...THATS IT! NO MORE CF MUCUS! WOOOHOOO!!! She is stunned, amazed and confused as to how that happened. Then...the big first breath! A little weak, but that was totally different than any breath she had ever taken before.

Since then we have seen her one more time. Again she is waking up more and more. Her eyes are starting to focus more and she is aware of whats going on around her. Go ANNA!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, I'm so excited for Anna! I hope for rapid healing. Anna you are now officially in the "Air Force" with your full volume lungs.

Unknown said...

I am in complete awe.

AUNTIE SUE said...

OH ANNA, I HAVE GOOSEBUMPS FROM MY NOSE TO MY TOES! I STARTED READING BLOG "THE FIRST BREATH!" AND THE TEARS STARTED FLOWING. I AM SO HAPPY AND EXCITED FOR YOU! WHAT A TROOPER YOU ARE! I AM SENDING YOU ALL MY LOVE AND HUGS AND KISSES TOO! LOVE YA, AUNTIE SUE

Unknown said...

Sara - thanks for all the updates. I was so excited I couldn't sleep last night and this am when I slept for 1 hour I dreamed about your family.

Anna - so happy for you and sending continuous good thoughts and prayers.

Don't know if you remember me but I worked at Greenmeadow from 1990-1993. Anna you were an awesome swimmer, so strong, you punched through the water every stroke. You were such a sweet, bright and fun girl! Sara you were the cutest little pipsqueek.

My best to your family, tell your mom hello and I remember you all so fondly.

Valerie Hargiss

bex said...

oh this is amazing.... so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!