Friday, February 27, 2009

My mom calls me a scheemer....

I have been thinking about posting info about what I do to save money. Sometimes I feel like I want to write a book about all the tricks I have learned from doing research and taking the time to learn different ways to save money. Well, today i had some good successes. I always go through the newspaper on sunday to find coupons. I also have learned that if you look through the safeway circular it has "super coupons" for a couple things every so often. More now I believe because people are financially in trouble and they want to encourage people to shop. I take my grocery shopping very seriously. I always shop on Mondays because the produce is freshly stocked, and very few people shop on Monday, and the sales are still going until tuesdays. So I had already done my shopping this week, but I discovered a coupon in the circular for 10 off if you spend 50 dollars. When you have CF, you eat, so i figured there is someway I can spend the money on things we need... I figured out how! hahaha... Now, i must say, the thing to making a coupon of $10 off is only to buy things you would be if you didn't have a coupon. SO, i had to figure out what to get. Casey is a coffee-a-holic, and Peet's coffee was on sale, so I got 2 of those. I use distilled water to irrigate the sinuses, so i got 2 of those (also on sale) I got 2 yogurts (also on sale) I got 3 waters to keep in the garage (I am buildling an earthquake emergency kit, which were also on sale) They also had the game apples to apples, which I have wanted (on sale 1/2 off for 9.99) I found a roast for almost half off, i got chicken to put in the freezer (the trick here is that you get chicken that needs to be used that day and they put a 30% off coupon on it and you put it in the freezer and use it when you want if you can't use it that day). So i got a lot of stuff... I think I got a few other things.. Oh yea, i got 2 honey mustards that casey likes and for buying 2, I got a coupon for a dollar off my next shopping trip.
Also, there was a super coupon for raisin bran for 99 cents. So i got that too. It was quite a trip. Essentially I saved $44 off the bill, and the way I see it is I got the game Apples to Apples for free! It was a good day!

No comments: