Friday, February 13, 2009

Becoming a Cat Socializer

Tomorrow morning I am taking my cat socializing training class for the Humane society of silicon valley. I am very excited to complete one of the final steps to working with the cats. The last step after the 4 hour class is to have a 3 hour appointment to go around with a mentor to teach you about the details of the shelter and cat handling safety. I do believe that i am naturally good with cats ( i do have a good track record of taming the most difficult cases at Bay area cat rescue) but this will be a different scene, and I am excited to have formal training with cats. I have always been very involved with animals, and wanted to be a vet when i was a little girl. I appear to be coming full circle in this stage of my life. There is also the potential to become a cat adoption counselor with more experience, and I feel this could be a really good position for me, combining my love of animals and counseling skills (granted it isn't therapy, but working with people). I am excited at the potentials at the humane society, but I can get overly excited, and not be able to fulfill all of my desires because of my illness... but i want to do what i can. so i am off to bed shortly, and will have an informative day tomorrow... hopefully i will survive the earliness... wish me luck. MEOW.....

No comments: