Wednesday, October 8, 2008

no sleep

I can't seem to sleep right now. Weird. I think it is because i watched the news before I went to bed. Not a good idea. Too much politics does not help someone sleep. I watched the debate last night, and it was pretty good. I felt like the format didn't really allow for much discussion or time for the complex issues to be explained by the candidates. People complain that they want detailed answers and for problems as big as we are facing, 90 seconds isn't enough to explain what you will do in 4 years of an administration to take care of problems. I know that debates are special and formatted discussions but still, I don't think it allows for adequate discussion. I also think that for this debate as well as the VP debate, they ask TOO many questions and don't allow for the candidates to really discuss. That is what I think... but what do I know? I think the most memorable thing from the debate was McCain saying "That one" in reference to Obama. I also felt it was in poor taste that there was no handshake at the end. It is clear, very clear that McCain is not able to be sportsman like. He can't hide his disdain for his opponent very well. I think it is sickening. I watched the after part of the debate, and McCain could not get out fast enough. Then Obama stayed and shook everyone's hand, and took pictures and spoke with them. THAT is what a good president is made of. Someone who is willing to do a little extra. I believe it is the little extras that get a lot. I was thinking about if I was one of those people who got the honor to watch the debate, and what I would say if I got to shake Barack's hand, and what I would say to Michelle. It is hard, you have like two seconds max to think of something smart to say.... I would probably say, HI! You are wonderful or something silly like that. I would probably tell Michelle that she is beautiful. So lame-o, but I think it would be all I could muster. Well, I am going to try to go to sleep now... wish me luck. Night night......

No comments: