Monday, October 20, 2008

FINALLY

I watched Meet the Press, with Colin Powell, who endorsed Barack Obama today. I yelled at the TV in relief, and broke Casey's ear drum in the process, because of something Powell said. There is so much bull going around about Obama, especially about Obama's religion. Now we all know that Obama is a Christian and always has been a Christian. BUT seriously, who cares.... the rumor is that Obama is a Muslim, for some reason disqualifies him as president of the united states... HONESTLY WHAT????? I thought we had freedom of religion in America??? I liked that Powell acknowledged this, that it doesn't really matter even if Obama WAS a Muslim. I just wanted to blog about it, because I have been thinking this during the entire election. Joy Behar on the view said it best, that the only person who does not have freedom of religion is the president of the united states. Ironic huh?????????

Speaking of Religion.... I saw Religulous with Casey and Emily this weekend... it was interesting. SCARY, but interesting. I find most things about blind faith to be terrifying. I just don't understand, as Bill Maher does not understand, how people can just believe in something without question... It just amazes me, how people who are so intelligent in other ways just simply believe. I hope that doesn't offend anyone reading this... I feel people are entitled to their views, but I just don't understand how people can believe, just because "God says so" It confuses me... I believe that there is not one right religion. I also know that there is no one person or group of people who know what happens to you after we die. There are a lot of beliefs, and we have these to answer questions that otherwise leave us in the unknown, which is much scarier than having a definite answer. It is my deduction from what i know that people believe in religion out of a fear of the unknown..... that is what makes sense logically to me....Just my thoughts, but I gathered this by doing a lot of listening to many different people and attending a Jesuit university. But we are all entitled to our own thoughts and opinions and that is mine....

No comments: