Sunday, September 7, 2008

Woah, Joe!

Today I couldn't sleep while I was doing my infusion, so i got up to make tea and watch "meet the press". Well, Joe Biden was on the beginning of the show, and he said something that seemed to boggle Tom Brokaw's mind. Now, a little history about meet the press, I loved watching meet the press with good old Tim Russert. Unfortunately as many of you must know Tim suddenly died this summer. I watch all of this political stuff going on wishing that he was here to comment on it, because he was the best of all. No BS Russert. He would ask the real questions and would NOT let people get away with the crap they are getting away with right now. He would have a field day with the Sarah Palin stuff. SO Tim, I think of you often, I hope you are watching from somewhere, hopefully he will watch over us and make sure this country doesn't make the biggest mistake of it's life. ANYWAYS>..... Joe this morning was asked what he believed about abortion, and when life begins. Joe responded that he believes life begins at conception. Which is a different answer for a democrat. Tom replied, Really? or something, he seemed to be a bit shocked. Joe continued with Yea, I believe this, but that does not mean that others do, and it should not mean that others don't have a choice. He even said the words, my religious views should not become that of the government. It was the biggest breath of fresh air I have heard in a while. I have so much respect for Joe now and I hope all of you who don't like him will consider his position on this.

2 comments:

Mags said...

good job reporting Anna...I read this via comcast this morning and I thought it was so admirable of him to say it that way!

Tara said...

Hi Anna,

This might be old news, but have you tried IV zofran, phenergan or compazine for the nausea? I take zofran with every dose (3 times a day) when I'm on meropenum because that one makes me nauseous. Bad news is, these drugs will make you more tired. But you'll be able to eat!