Sunday, December 19, 2010

working on getting better

Today was a good day. Healthwise we are still watching the chest tube, it appears to be slowing, just as we need it to, so it can come out hopefully tomorrow. I am getting moved from heparin to cumadin (spelling) for treatment of my clots. Once the cumadin reaches therapeutic level, i can go home. Hoping for Tuesday on that one, but something in my gut says wed. So we will see. I will be going home on home ivs, two that i have to do, but i will gladly trade it for dialysis, which i still didn't have to do again today. I am still peeing well, and the "puff" yesterday worked out very nicely. my hands are useable again, but my right hand/arm is larger because of the clot, so i will have to wait on that. My kidneys are even working a little better, my createnin level is coming down slightly, which is great. all trends in the right direction.

Casey got a cold, so he is banned from coming to visit, so the banana bunch is down one. But hopefully the amount of time between now and xmas is long enough for the contagiousness to be gone. Lets keep our fingers crossed no one else gets sick, we can't do that now, we gotta keep our eye on the prize, no more complications please.

We were visited by some really wonderful family friends, the Kronicks today. They brought yummy soup and salad for dinner tonight. I also lucked out and jill read my fb post that i was craving hot cider and jelly cookies. they brought them too. I pigged out and my blood sugar was just taken 220, oops. it was so worth it. we had a nice visit, and it was great to see them and catch up a bit. I really appreciate all the love i have been getting, it brightens my days and helps me find the strength to keep doing this everyday.

Love to you all and wish my chest tubes out tomorrow!!!!!

2 comments:

bex said...

out, damn chest tubes, out i say. :)

keep rocking it :)

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad to hear things are headed in the right direction! Hey, I just noticed that your blog title is no longer "my life on the t list"! it was about time that got changed. You are in the other side of this lady! And if you go home Wednesday-12/22- you will be one month post transplant exactly!