Friday, December 17, 2010

Back to desense

Well, as my sister posted, I had a second surgery, it was super painful when I woke up, and I ended up in the recovery room for a while for them to chase the pain to get on top of it. Luckily now it is controlled with vidicon, followed by miralax. It is still pretty pain ful because I have 2 chest tubes draining the rest of the fluid on the left hand side. I have had a total of 8 chest tubes guys...I think I am going for some kind of record. Let's hope that 8 is great and we stop here. They did find a littl psuedomnas in the fluid in the plural space and therefore i gotta start A cf regimine which I've to get that completely under control, so here I sit dense-ing to merrepenum. Fun fun. I have napped and eaten and now blogged, so it wasn't that bad of a time. Just getting through
Here is the other crazy thing... After surgery my left arm was killing me and was swollen, so we decided it wouldn't hurt to do an ultrasound, well they didnt find a clot on the left, but they did find one on the right hand side, which is contributing to my swelling, and now they are running me on heprin all the time, and I will have to be on blood thinners for a while. It turned out to be a fluke that we found it, and I am greatful. Because I have so many catheters it isn't strange for this to happen, and now that I am under treatment they are not worried. Now I have my port accessed too... Lots going all at once.
Other news, I didn't need dialysis again today, meaning my kidneys are continuing to hold steady. They are leaning in the right direction, there is s possibility that my Xmas gift could be to go home without needing dialysis anymore, so if you got it in you please ask for this Xmas miracle. It would make me soooooo happy. I never bargained for the kidney part of this and it is tough. I don't want to complain because I am so thankful to be alive, and thankful to my donor, but I am so ready to recover and start living with these lungs. I can't wait to get out there!!
Hopefully tonight I will be able to walk more again, to keep my legs a movin.

I have been so blessed to know such great friends, especially my transplant friends during this time. I was visited by nahara, ISA, and Stephanie ( steve's wife) yester day, the day before by Ana, and today by Patrick and Lisa. I also got s card from Lara, and all the support about how it gets better puts everything in perspective to me. It helps me remember there is a big light st the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to get out there with all of them. Maybe even go on the hike at retreat next year? How dare I..... Hehehe.
That is my post for now. I am getting good at typing with an oximeter on my finger. Oh yea, just looked at the monintor, I am 100% on room air thank you very much :) I can't believe it. I can breathe.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Anna! I'm doing my treatment right now and wishing you were online so I could talk to you. You are doing so awesome and I can't wait to hear all about it in person at Retreat next year. Keep up the good work. I am rooting for you! Anna Banana's Bunch For-Eva!

Unknown said...

So happy that your kidneys are better, I'm confident you will be past that part of it by Christmas! Sorry to hear you are in pain. I've heard that lung surgeries are the most painful surgeries. I will visualize the clot dissolving, the kidneys continuing to rally, the pseudomonas being clobbered by the antibiotics and the pain dissipating with each wonderful breath with your new lungs. I, too, am happy you are alive. I always wondered what happened to that cute little girl from the Greenmeadow Swim Team. Valerie

Auntie Sue said...

Anna, Did you miss the hospital that much???? My Dad always told me that a good sense of humor is your best friend.... and you have it!!!! Oh Sweetie, you are still smiling and joking.... You have had some mountains to climb, but you always reach the top. You truly are amazing!!! We love you and MISS you!!! Hugs abd Kisses, Auntie Sue, Dave, Jenna, Jillian and Spencer