Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve Day update

I realized i haven't posted in a few days. Well, I am home. We were so exhausted there was just no chance to write. Also, my big fat hand doesn't allow me to do much, and i got to keep it elevated so this kind of thing gets the short end of the stick. Also, my mom is running around doing all my meds, feeding me, changing my dressing on my leaky chest tube hole, and just helping me with everything so we are busy. Our days start out with going to the hospital to get a blood draw and xray. We have to go every single day this week, including tomorrow, Christmas. Boo, but at least i am out of the hospital.

My mom forced me out today and we walked for 13 minutes. I went as far as i could pushing the wheel chair, and then she pushed me back. So 13 minutes is pretty good, working up to 30 over time. But it takes so much more energy to be home, that i have to keep working on building up.
I am not going to lie, it sucks and it is hard and i have a hard time pushing myself out. Especially because it is cold. I hate the cold.

The other thing that is hard now is that Casey has been sick all week and he is still pretty gross it sounds like so i don't think we get to spend Christmas together at all. My Dad may also be coming down with something, but we are still "wait and seeing" till the last moment. So it may just be me, mom, sara and Lou for a couple hours. Kinda a bummer. A big old bummer actually, I miss Casey and Dad. I hope that something magical happens and they turn out to be ok, but right now we are holding off on visiting. So lets hope!

Other than that i am just truckin along... it is hard to be so sedentary, but my brain truly is turned off, it is like flat lined. I have so little brain thoughts. I just sit and stare, just like my upstairs neighbor. But he runs around a lot and makes noise, i guess i don't do that... but i understand him on the slow brain thoughts. Anyways, i think it is time to nap or something, watch a show and take a break, my hand is poofing. Hope you all have a very merry Christmas...

1 comment:

Auntie Sue said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! WE LOVE YOU ANNA! THE GUFFYS