Sunday, December 12, 2010

Let's get it flowin

I figured it was time for an update again, right ? Well, it turned out that I actually needed 2 chest tubes instead of one. I am actually glad they put them in because about 2 liters have drained out, and that is double what my old lung capacity was. The good news is that my lungs have inflated again, and they took a ct scan to check how things are going in there to help us to figure out how to proceed. They need to determine if my lungs have stopped weeping on the inside ( at the site of where they had to roughly get the lungs from the chest wall ( if I understand things correctly). One thing I have had to remember during this journey is that I am a slow healer. I don't just pop back like some people. I never have. I always find my own way to do things. They usually require the road less traveled and a lot of hard work, so this figures that my transplant journey would turn out this way too. I am getting stronger every day ( which I didn't see for myself until the other day) my toungue is now healed which allows me to eat real human food. My amounts are not up that high but tonights Chinese food helped a lot. I have been taking walks at least 3 times a day, and today for my last walk I made it twice around b and c floors, in a gigantic ( for me) circle. I spend a lot of time in a chair instead of the bed ( thanks to the comfy furniture on my new floor here at Stanford ) I am trying my best and I am just really really praying, thinking positively that my kidneys come back fully. If you can please keep them in your mind. I am peeing more, but we are not back yet. Keep the intentions, prayers, thoughts and love coming their way. The hardest part is the dialysis because I have to do that on top of all the other transplant stuff, which is all knew and kinda crazy. I know it will calm down soon, but I am just a little overwhelmed by it all still ( well, not still hahaha). I just had no idea that transplant would be this difficult. It is a hard one. Tonight is 3 weeks since my call. Holy crap. Right now 3 weeks ago I was doing my last CPT treatment ever. How crazy is that?
Tomorrow we wait for more news but the probable let out date for me is weds. I will try to post more tomorrow!

5 comments:

bex said...

You are amazing, Anna!! I think it's time to change your blog name thoug... :)

Keep up the fantastic work!! Healthy and healing thoughts xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Anna, NEVERMIND..... answering my question....I just read your last update and my questions were answered!!!! :-) Auntie Sue

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to ask... We've heard that you are peeing more each day, what about the number two??? How are those doing? It's an important question.

LOVE you!

Alanah

Unknown said...

Anna - I am SURE you kidneys will be back to normal soon. Good job - keep peeing! Sending prayers and best wishes your way every day. Thanks for posting today! Love, Valerie

erock77 said...

Anna, sending some prayers and good vibes your way for some good healing.
Keep up the updates.