Thursday, January 27, 2011

Update


I am sorry I have not posted much lately. I have honestly been out having more fun and doing my life, and i honestly haven't been inspired to make the time to sit here and write. But i feel like i want to let people know what is going on these days, so here i sit attempting to update you.

My days at Rehab have been great. I am getting stronger each time, walking faster, doing more machines, and exercising for a whole hour!!! I can't explain how strange that is for me. Not JUST that i am doing the exercise, but that i feel GOOD doing it, and AFTER it. That is something i have never experienced in my life. Even when i was a little girl and a great swimmer, the exercise was always difficult, and i felt horrible after. I used to get headaches, and just total body fatigue. People always spoke of how exercise makes you FEEL BETTER... and i just never understood that until now. It does actually GIVE you energy instead of taking it all away.

On Wed. my mom and i took the day to go to the beach. It was beautiful. I haven't been to the beach in over a year so it was amazing to be back in the salty clean air. The weather was ridiculously nice. It was at least 70 degrees. We found sea glass, walked, and relaxed. It was a fantastic day. I am so thankful to be alive!



On the health front I have been graduated to going to clinic every two weeks, instead of every week. I also got my picc line out, which means i am totally tube free!!! My kidneys are still doing well, and all my levels are good. The only issue right now is my blood sugar. I can't seem to get it under control. When i exercise it tends to skyrocket, and sporadically shoots up to 300 now a days. I am trying my best, but it is not predictable at all. Very frustrating let me tell you...

I guess that is about it. I am just enjoying life.

3 comments:

Tara said...

Wow! Energy after exercise? Imagine that. I had to tell my husband. He's like yeah, that's what happens to normal people. Ha! Those normies don't know how good they have it. ;)

Isabel Stenzel Byrnes said...

You're wearing the hat!!!:)
And soooo happy about your PFTs- they will just go up!!! Keep walking, keep enjoying the beauty of the outdoors and being alive and feeling great. Nothing makes me happier. I love you!!!
Amen to MLK. I used to post a quote from Frederick Douglas about freedom on my wall. It really struck a cord for me... and now you and I are free from CF. Wow. May all people be blessed to be free from their conditions! xo Isa

erock77 said...

Thanks for the fabulous update. I'm really happy for you! I have faith you'll work out the blood sugar issue. Are you gonna get back to swimming soon?