Friday, February 4, 2011

A Normal Evening

As I went to bed last night, Casey came back from soccer and found me playing with my ipad in bed. "you are up late" he said, I told him that my wonderful friend Joanna stayed late, till 11pm! He replied "YOU had a normal evening!"

It is true, I did finally have a "normal evening". We had Joanna over for dinner, and she brought dessert. We hung out and chatted uninterrupted by treatments, only constricted by the fact that she had to drive back to SF. It was such a great experience. I am NOT used to this yet. I told her as the night was coming to a close that I had a nagging feeling that i had to do a treatment. It is so liberating not to have to do this. We talked of many things and it was so nice to experience a time that my body was not yelling to be the center of attention. It is an absolute miracle.

In other news, we received a notice in the mail announcing the SALE of our crazy upstairs neighbor's condo!!!! Yes, it is sold, but hummmmm.... he is still around. We are hoping that SOON he will FINALLY move out. There are definite signs that he is working on getting out of here. Pillows have been flying off the patio, obstructing the paths around the complex.



Also, furniture, previously in his driveway is now plopped outside on the sidewalk with a "free" sign.



So the signs of crazy moving out is starting to appear. I am nervous about the destruction that will occur when they do actually take the plunge. I guess I just will have to hold on and go for the ride...

Thank you crazy neighbor for helping to ring in the second chapter. New lungs, new breath, new life, NEW NEIGHBOR!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cograts on your 1st "normal" evening and here's to many more!!!
Loves Linda

Elyse said...

So so happy for you. You are so emotionally strong and I wish for you health, happiness and peace @ home. Love seeing how your exercise tolerance is growing every week. You are inspiring me to work even harder. xoxoxox Elyse

Unknown said...

Love it! Congratulations!