Monday, February 7, 2011

The Greatest Christmas Gift...

When you are a child getting the most desired gift from Santa is the greatest, most exciting thing that happens all year. You wake up in the morning to a shiny package wrapped in red and green with a huge ribbon on it. You tear into it because you simply can't wait, and there is no reason not to disregard the wrapping that makes it look so desirerable. You simply want in. Once opened you can play and play with this new toy for hours... But eventually you have to put it away to sleep. You can't take it with you on every excursion or to bed. Even though this toy brings you so much joy, over time you grow out of the gift and a new and bigger and better toy fills your mind... Making this fantastic Christmas gift dispensable. I have had this experience many times as a kid, however this year I truly received the greatest Christmas gift. My new lungs go with me everywhere... I never cease to have fun breathing with them. They have opened so many doors for new adventures, and they get to come along everywhere with me. I never have to put them away. Infact it is the opposite, I get to experienced their magic every moment of my life. The are comforting, exciting, playful, mysterious, and amazing. Every time I stop to think about this miracle that they are I am overcome with awe and gratitude. I don't think that there could ever be a greater Christmas gift. Every morning when I wake up I feel as if it is Christmas, the ability to breathe and not cough when I wake, is immeasurable. Each morning I feel that I get to unwrap that shiny red and green present and begin a new adventure. Thank you to my donor and their family......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a fabulous blog post! I'm so so grateful for your wonderful christmas gift! it's a gift to all of us who love you, too!