Monday, January 3, 2011

Get Ready for the GROSS PICS!

I told you that I would post some pictures of my old lungs, and HERE THEY ARE!!! It was appropriate that they were stored in the Gross Room, as they were, pretty gross.





Here I am giving my old lungs a squeeze, trying to get that nasty mucus out that i have been fighting my whole life.


Giving some love to the lungs that carried me this far for 29 years. The lungs were chopped up into pieces because of the pathology inspections that they do in their investigations, so the lungs are not quite lung shaped anymore.

Lungs or chopped up calves liver?

I have no idea how i ever was able to breathe. They just labeled my lungs "end stage" cystic fibrosis.

Well folks, there it is... I hope you enjoyed the show. My lungs gave me a lot of life, and i squeezed every bit out of them. I am thankful for all the lessons i learned, the people i met, and the life experiences i had because of these diseased lungs... but now i am very excited to move on to a new life, with new lungs, and new breath!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so enlightening, and yes Gross! Amazing, truly and utterly amazing.

Hippiekisses said...

I have been following your posts and telling everyone I know how an inspiration you are!!!