Thursday, December 11, 2008

Feeling sad

My mom called me today and told me that my grandma, TUTU, has started to decline from her cancer very quickly. We knew she didn't have much time left, and she entered into hospice right before thanksgiving, but now it is going to be very fast it looks like. I got to Skype with her this past weekend, which was nice to see her. I showed her all around my condo with the webcam. Milton and Jack both said hello. I am very sad to see this actually happen. We all know it will happen to everyone eventually but it never makes it any less sad. She was such a vibrant person. The crazy Grandma I would call her. She wasn't your cookie bakin granny, oh no, not Tutu. She was a leather wearing, hip, clogging, sports loving, champion athlete, spicy grandma. It was so hard for her to become older and sick with luekimia, she didn't want to let the cancer get the best of her. She worked out at the gym as long as she could... It isn't a good life for her if she cant be active and play golf and go lift weights. So it is better if it happens quickly, but it is still so sad. I feel so sad for my Dad. I love him, and it is hard to watch him go through all of this. I have watched him the last few months, and how hard it is on him. Life is hard. That is a fact. It is especially hard during the holly jolly holiday times.... just puts EVERTHING into perspective.... I know my dad reads this, so I hope that you know how much I love you and how much I love Tutu. I will be here for you, I love you so much.....For everyone else reading this please send Tutu (Hawaiian for grandma) peaceful thoughts...... thank you.

No comments: