Friday, July 5, 2013

Just keep swimming...

Just wanted to put out an update, as i have been very bad at writing.  My excuse is that my plate is full with training, and getting ready for the big trip.  My life consists of eat, work out, eat, doctor visits, eat, rest, repeat.  I am doing very well health-wise.  I feel amazing.  However, i am working my body really hard right now.  I am focusing with my coach on sprinting and lots of butterfly.  I feel a bit discouraged about the fly, but i am putting my trust in my coach for helping me along.  He says it will all come into place shortly.  Which it better since i only have about 6 pool dates left.  I have stopped my weight lifting as the sprinting will keep up my muscles and it wears me out.  I need every ounce of energy i have to be put in the pool, then on the side i continue Ujam to keep my cardio up.  I am having fun at the pool as i get to know everyone from being there so often.  Everyone has been super supportive and excited about what i am doing. I am ultra competitive so the hard times really are my own fault when i get hard on myself.  But if you don't have stress, then you don't push, so as long as i keep it under control i don't think i am doing a disservice to myself.

Things i still need to work on... dives/starts, and the long course.  I just found out that the only long course pool open and available to me is MWF at 5:30-8AM.  THAT IS EARLY!  I am gonna have to dig deep to make that happen for myself.  I think the best bet is Friday.  So maybe i can do that this coming friday and the next, so i at least get 2 times to practice long course.

Well, that is my boring exercise update.  Hopefully I will be able to do this again before i head out for South Africa.  I hope to keep updating with blog posts when there as well!

No comments: