Thursday, July 25, 2013

Flying to Dubai


We boarded the plane about an hour late, but luckily they reported the flying time was 14 hours and 45 minutes instead of 15 and a half hours. So I believe we should be on time.

 I must say Emirates truly is the nicest airline I have flown.  We were greeted by 2 seats next to the window and the isle.

We don't have to climb over anyone or had anyone crawl over us.  Once we got settled we were brought a warm lemon scented towel to wipe our hands with. We also found socks, a toothbrush, pillow and blanket on our seats. We got to watch live video feed of the take off outside, and I promptly fell asleep. Now, after ginger ale and biscuits, I am watching the flight attendants bringing out the food.  We have 3 choices and I am excited to try our dinner.  I am quite hungry actually, even though we ate a large yummy lunch at Dicky's BBQ.  You know, a last taste of American BBQ before trying the new world flavors...
Well, it is about 5 hours into the flight. We had a great dinner. Casey had lamb stew and I had a garlic chicken. 

 The food was very good. With free alcohol, and coffee. I choose to have apple juice and coffee. I have been very conscious of drinking water and staying hydrated. Also getting up and stretching my legs. One of the coolest things is it is 1045pm CA time, but it is light as day outside. We are just about to fly over the NORTH POLE! 

I made sure to tell Santa I wanted Gold for an early birthday present. 
I have been watching downtown abbey, and I think I am now ready to take the Ativan and get some rest. I will check in after breakfast :) 
Well, we are going to land now in about 30 minutes. Breakfast was good. Croissant with jam, eggs, grilled tomato, and spinach. I wasn't too hungry, but had it for fuel. I slept quite a bit actually, somewhere along the lines of 5-7hours on and off. I feel pretty good. The Ativan was great. I took I pill and broke another in half with my teeth. I was still lucid but could sleep well. I do remember one moment of doing a little cookie granola dance. We brought cookies, which quickly crumbled into a granola-like state. Cookie granola is delish. Right now looking out the window we are flying over the Arabian dessert.

 It is so awesome to see such different things from above in the sky. 

All in all this long flight was quite bare able. We drank a lot, as I continually asked them to fill my big blender ball cup with water. I haven't missed any meds with the time schedule, so things are great. We are about to make the final descent, so I am off for now until I can get online to publish :) 

No comments: