Wednesday, April 1, 2009

So glad to be home!

I have been home from the hospital since Monday late afternoon. Yesterday was clean clean clean day since i have been in and out of here for about 1 1/2 weeks. This crazy hospitalization time was enough, i think i will take a break from it for a while ;) That is my plan at least. Anyways, I realized how sedentary I have been the past week since with my belly I could barely move.... And once I was in the hospital starting my IVs, I didn't move a whole lot because I had to be in my room all the time for treatments, infusions, and the many medical visitors i get throughout the day. So yesterday, running around taking stuff to the garage, cleaning the cat box, walking around the house picking stuff up, going to the store, and then going to a humane society meeting was a lot of action for me. I survived though, probably thanks to the prednisone energy. Right now it feels so good to be home, I am sitting here typing with a Milton in my way, He sits infront of the computer everytime. No matter how annoying it gets, it feels good to be home! So now our house is all clean, and dinner is made, and I can relax tonight with my wonderful Casey. I made a pot roast yesterday, with my speacial recipe. YUMMMY.

New subject.....
Yesterday was my first experience at the new humane society. If i haven't mentioned it, they have built this gigantic "green" center, and all the animals are kept in habitats instead of cages. There are only cages where cats need to be kept for hospital stuff (so the pulic doesn't see any of it). It is really amazing. There is a dog park, and a cafe. It is a gigantic beautiful place. There is also a pet store. We move the animals over there in about 2 weeks. Right now the people are back and forth between the animals and the new center.... it is going to be a rough and interesting transition, but it is going to be so great. Their new goal is to go from 6000 adoptions a year to 10,000! The center is in Milpitas, and the drive is almost exactly the same amount of time as the Santa Clara location. There is even a huge volunteer room, with lockers and everything! So exciting. Also, because of the going green thing, they have made it a completely tobacco free place! YAY. We had our meeting in the classroom, a huge lecture room, that is going to be used for educating kids and the public about animals. I even believe there will eventually be doggie yoga. It is going to be a great animal community center for freaks like me!!!!

Anyways... I have issues with my own cat, mr. jack, he has eye boogies.... i gotta either get some stuff from Ellen (the woman who runs bay area cat rescue) or take him to the vet. This will be decided tomorrow i am sure.
I went to the nursery with my Mother dearest, and she bought me a spring present of a few flowers i can plant and put on my patio. I am excited to add color to the patio. The issue is that we have such a shady place, it is hard to get a lot of stuff that works well, but I think we found some great stuff! I am excited to get to that tomrrow. Such a sally homemaker i am! Well, i guess it is time to go and get dinner ready. Thanks for checking in!!!!
Oh yea, just wanted to report that I am being good, and am on track with 3 treatments totalled today thus far, and one more to go for a whopping 4! I am sticking to the regimine, gonna get super better from these IVs.....
wish me luck!

No comments: