Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Our family needs a permenant room in the ER.....

Well, another one of us ended up in the ER. My poor grandmother fell this morning when she was getting her newspaper and she broke her hip. My mom had come to help me with my medicines this morning, since Casey is taking a mini vacation in the snow. She came over and started my IV at 7, then left about 745 i think, (i was sleeping so I don't know exactly, but I assume) She told me that right after she got back, she recieved a call about my grandma and she rushed over there, and she was taken by ambulence to the hospital, where they determined her hip was really broken and they had to do surgery ASAP. So my grammie went into surgery at noon, and survived it very well. Last i heard was that my mom was about to see her in recovery... my poor grandma. She has been having such a hard time lately, this is the last thing she need! I wish her the strength to stay strong and deal with the pain and discomfort. Please keep her in your mind with healing thoughts...
Other than that, i am doing much better. I have a clinic appointment tomorrow morning to assess the situation and see where my PFTs are at. We will decide if i just need to finish up the two weeks of IVs, or continue for 3. Not sure what will be the best yet, but I am thinking probably continue for 3 so I can get all I can from these ivs. I will let you know.
Another good thing was today i went to take care of the Cats, and i felt very productive. I did a lot and learned that Tuesdays would definately be the best day for me to consistently go. They need someone there, as not many people come Tuesday afternoons, unlike fridays when there were like 10 volunteers, which makes it not very interesting to go. So I plan to continue with Tuesdays from 1-3.
I am excited because my Casey comes back tonight! Hopefully when he takes back his skis he will pick up a phillycheesesteak for dinner! YUMMMMM..... there is this place in San Jose, right next to the ski shop that is excellent! So i am excited for that. Well, I should attend to getting another treatment in, even though I feel like I just did one... the work of a hard core cf patient....

Wish me luck with the PFTs tomorrow...and wish my grammie lots of healing....

No comments: