Sunday, November 9, 2008

Remodeling is crazy

It is amazing how complicated it is to remodel. There are always issues, and I have to babysit constantly to make sure nothing too bad happens. This isn't because i have a bad contractor, this is just the name of the game. I left for one hour and that is of course when everything goes aray... they call saying they need the shower faucet I had picked up. I think the thing is that they don't plan ahead when doing work, they just do as they see fit. If I was going to do it, I would do a lot of thinking and planning beforehand, but that isn't what they seem to do... it drives me nuts, but I just gotta go along with it because it is the way it is. Tomorrow I have to leave the house because they are putting down some nasty stuff on the floor of the shower, and they told me that you don't want to be home during it, so I have to trust they will do it right, then come right back to watch the rest. I have a hard time with all of this because of the ADD. I have a short attention span and I can't hold lots of little detailed info in my brain, without writing it down. I often forget to ask things or point things out, and then i gotta come back and do it. Also, it is hard to be as assertive as you need to be to get everything how you want it. I guess it is just a good life lesson. So I gotta get some sleep so I can be on top of it tomorrow...

No comments: