Monday, November 3, 2008

GO VOTE

Well, this is it... 10 minutes until it is offically election day in the west. I am so excited for tomorrow... I am going to be busy tomorrow, because we are prepping the house for the bathroom remodel. Today i went shopping with the contractor, and tomorrow we have to clean out the bathroom and closet. We are going to be living in a disaster area for a few days. HOW FUN. But it will be worth it, to have a pretty new bathroom.

I had a good conversation with the contractor today. He isn't a citizen, and can't vote but he likes Obama. He is going to volunteer to work the polling places tomorrow. Isn't that inspiring? I think it is great, so many people in this country who are citizens and have the born right to vote and don't bother, and someone who wants to be a citizen, but can't vote will go out of his way and donate his time to this country..... it just makes me so sad for the apathy in this country. I would feel as if I were letting myself down for not using the right to vote, that i am given in this country. It is so sad, that people can feel so apathetic, that they can't get off their butts and vote. If you are reading this and fall into this category, I am not even sorry. There really is no excuse for not voting. It is a sad thing that you can't do something for yourself and this country.... so I hope everyone gets out and votes, no matter who you vote for. JUST DO IT.

YES WE CAN and YES WE WILL.......

No comments: