Saturday, July 2, 2011

The BEST day!

My sister called me up one morning, about 2 months ago... "There is a groupon to go indoor skydiving... wanna go for your 30th bday?" "SURE!" I said... kinda hesitant but excited to try something new. I have been much more gunghoe about everything since the transplant. I never used to want to try so many things, but nowadays, Why not? I was kinda nervous that this indoor skydiving thing would be scary, but it turned out to be the most amazing thing i have ever done!!! I didn't have one ounce of fear. I felt totally safe and under control. We took a short class to learn the hand signals, got dressed up in our fancy flying suits, and dove right in! It was so exciting. The first round of flights we just learned what it felt like, and the instructor let us just fly around on our own. The second time he spun us around, and helped to take us up in the air, way up the 40 foot tunnel. It was so Awesome!!!! I have never had such an adrenaline rush before!!! It was kind of a bummer the next day because the weather was so crappy, and i was coming off the adrenaline high... it made for a big crash :( But i survived it.

I have been asking everyone if they want to go with me again! I plan to become a regular! I hope that you enjoy the pics! It was quite a way to start bringing in my 30th! I hope there are many more adventures as i become a "real" adult :)

Sisters getting ready to Fly!


Trent, Casey, Anna, Lou, Sara and Ana Stenzel getting ready to fly!


I'm FLYING!


Casey flying away!



Sisters having a birthday meal :)

2 comments:

Ana said...

Awesome blog post!!! Yes, it was truly an amazing experience and I had a blast too. Wouldn't want to do it withany one else! It gives me so much joy to see you discover new things and grow with each new adventure that the wonderful post transplant life gives us! you deserve it so much! Way to go for your 30th. I am honored to have witnessed this. Welcome to this ongoing , awesome, unbelievable joy of transplant!! Love you! ANA

Sherri said...

Looks like so much fun--way to go!