Tuesday, June 21, 2011

It's been a while



I don't know if anyone is even out there anymore... but i figured it was time after a few inquiries about my whereabouts and my lack of posts on this blog, i figured it was about time.

There have been so many exciting things going on that i just haven't had much time to sit at the computer to write. I guess no news is good news when it comes to my health :)

I do have some pretty good news on the health front. I had my 7 month clinic visit (tomorrow is my 7 month anniversary) and i was able to blow a 94% FEV1 in my pulmonary function test!!! I don't know when i ever blew a number that high... probably when i was swimming as a little girl. Holy crap, right? I know it is awesome!!! Other than that things are really stable. My prograf level has been consistently where they want it for about a month now, which is such a relief. It was all over the place for a while. I am finally going to be having a bronchoscopy after all this time. They are going to do one to make sure everything is nice and happy in there. I figure it is time for me to get one in and join the ranks of the transplanters on this one...

Other than that I have been working out a bit, and trying new adventures and making good use of these new lungs. I am swimming still. Today i swam 44 laps in 40 minutes which is 4 laps more and faster than last week. I have been attending transplant bootcamp, at the stanford track every week as well. I also started yoga. so i have been staying active. The transplant bootcamp has been publicized a bunch lately in local media. Here is a great article from the SF chronicle http://articles.sfgate.com/2011-06-13/entertainment/29651934_1_double-lung-transplant-games-transplant-survivors

Other random activities i have done are iceskating, fishing, boating, hiking, biking, couponing, and cooking. I have spent many visits with friends. It is so nice to have the energy to do all of these things that i want to do. I feel like i am making up for lost time and running around like crazy.

I am also working on planning the CFRI teen and adult retreat this year, as i have for the past 10 years!!!! So crazy how time flies. I have been more active this year as i obviously have more energy and time to help out.

I also recently became a board member for Richie's Spirit Foundation. It is a great organization focusing on organ donor awareness. You can check it out http://www.richiesspirit.org/

Well, I need to go make dinner. Portobello mushroom burgers with provolone melted on top. Served on a whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion. With a side of corn on the cob, baked beans, and sweet potato fries. Delish? OH YA!

3 comments:

kathyt said...

So glad to see you so active and looking so healthy!!! Love you kiddo!!!
Kathy and Larry

BreathinSteven said...

We're still out here, Anna!!! I'm so happy for you -- and happy that you're doing well -- and proud of you for getting through this whole, crazy thing!!!

Knowing some of the things you were struggling with while you were waiting, and the surgery and recovery you were facing -- and watching it all unfold -- well, having been through some of that myself it's just wonderful to watch someone like you successfully wander down that same path...

You take care of those beautiful lungs! You do the things you've been dreaming of...

Love, Steve

Sherri said...

Glad to hear you are doing so well! What a marvelous blessing to be out and living life more fully. It gives me lots of hope. Keep going cyster!