Thursday, December 29, 2016

And I'm off!

Wow. I am sitting in the air right now looking into my future for the next 3 months. I have been going full force for the past few months in preparation. So fast infact I haven't had many moments to let the magnitude of what I am doing set in. Well it is setting in. I had no idea I would have tears streaming down my face as I enter into this adventure. I think it is reality setting in along with my body letting go of so much stress, and way too much lack of sleep. I will miss the comfort of home. I am so thankful Casey will be taking care of things at home and I know he will do a great job. I will miss him and my cats - but I must follow my own journey right now. 

Last night as I was finished packing - or so I thought I weighed my suitcases and they were WAY over the limit. I just didn't realize how much weight my pills and medical supplies took up. I had to take out about 20lbs of clothes - remember I am going for 3 months - this isn't just two weeks - and I will be training, exploring, swimming and going to events and such. I really didn't over pack as it was and I had to take out to the bare minimum. Casey will send me a package so I can have my jeans and few shirts I really wanted but just didn't have space for. It is so frustrating because I can't ship the meds - or have them delivered to Australia so I had to do it this way. In the end I got it all together and I will be fine. The other thing that happened was I went to pack a DVD I had purchased with Olympic swimmers explaining butterfly drills and ways to practice to develop your stroke. Well, I went to put the DVD in my bag and it was not in the case. We tore the house apart looking for it - to no avail. I will say for certain that threw me off my rocker to top of a very stressful night of packing. The good thing is it is done. Now I can move forward- we ordered the DVD and Casey will also ship that to Australia so I can encorporate the butterfly drills into my practices. 

I thought by 8pm I had everything under control then bam - had to reevaluate my entire suitcase. I don't know why I figured it didn't weigh so much - but I think I also had in my head the 40kilos which was for both suitcases and I was thinking that for one - but anyways. It wouldn't be an Anna adventure without some stupid drama. 

I think I really did accomplish everything I needed to get done except realized just a minute ago I forgot to deposit a check- oh well. 

Right now I am heading to Oahu where my dear friend Joanna recently purchased her first home! Yay! I am looking forward to catching up with her. We are souls sisters who have been friends since 6th grade. We have had different paths but always come together and support and love eachother so much. I am very much looking forward to her getting my mind and soul and heart in line as I proceed on my adventure. I hope I can also support her and see and enjoy her new place! 

We have signed up for a Orange Theory Fitness class today at 4:15pm so we will also be working up a sweat. Probably good to get all my wiggles out. Just hope I don't get too sore and uncomfortable on the plane. 

I want to sign off this blog post by thanking everyone for the unbelievable support as I go on this journey. The last well wishes, visits, drop bys, hugs, and texts. I feel the love and as much as it makes me feel strong it makes me miss home more knowing how I am surrounded by the most incredible people. I am with you all in your hearts. Love you all! 

With immense gratitude for my donor I enter into this next adventure...... 

No comments: