Saturday, October 29, 2016

The Swimcation

     I have been receiving a lot of questions about the details of my Australia trip.  I figure I should explain them on here so everyone has the answers.  But first off, thank you to everyone who has provided such amazing support of my decision to go on this incredible adventure. Your love and support of me and this time in my life means the world to me.
    The plan is that I will be going to Australia Jan - March.  The first couple weeks I will be traveling Eastern Australia, then settling in to my apartment in Melbourne for 10 weeks to train. I will be staying as long as my visa allows, 89 days.  I will be swimming, weight lifting, continuing Pilates and also my favorite Gyrotonic work out.  I will miss U-jam and Orangetheory Fitness while I am away - but it will be a good time for me to focus on my swimming for a while.  I will be going with a training plan for the pool and have every intention to stick with it and work as hard as I can to gain as much strength and fitness in the pool as possible.
     I am also excited to have such great friends in the transplant community in Melbourne as well as spread out through Australia.  I will be visiting them all at some point or another and I am also being invited to participate in Organ Donation Awareness events.  It is going to be a great time to work on my fitness, my spirit, exploration of another country as well as deep within myself.  All while doing the stuff I love - promoting organ donation, working out, eating, and having fun!
     This idea of swimming in Australia actually came about quickly and came to fruition even quicker - call me impulsive but sometimes life places opportunities in front of you and it is your choice to choose to take advantage or look the other way. There are a million reasons why I should not go - but plenty of reasons why I should.  Instead of letting fear of the unknown and all the shoulda-coulda-wouldas I choose to jump in with both feet.
    There are a lot of magical moments in life but they don't just happen - you have to look for them, work for them and earn them. My goals of getting fitter, faster, and breaking records won't happen with me sitting on the couch.  I have to go out and work for it.  The final result may be magical but it is going to take a lot of blood, sweat and tears - but I am ready.  I am motivated and I can't wait to get to Australia for this amazing Swimcation adventure!

No comments: