Sunday, June 27, 2010

Normal today

I had a great relaxing weekend. I spent time with my Casey, slept, ate, and spent time with friends. I even cleaned the cat box and did some dishes, and folded some laundry, and even painted. It sounds sooo busy to me, but i felt pretty good. I just finished Cayston a drug that i can only take every other month, and makes me feel fabulous because it works so well to control the infection raging in my lungs. But i was able to do some "normal" things that others do tediously every day, but to have the energy to take care of some stuff in my own house felt quite nice. Don't get me wrong, when my mom arrives tomorrow i will be thankful to have her help (and need it), but being able to feel a little normal for a weekend helps my mental sanity.

I must say that despite the fact that my lungs are having a hard time and i need more help. It was a nice respite today to spend time with two of my really good friends (and Casey) and eat sushi and wine, and go for a small walk on the park, then sit and enjoy eachother's company and the nice evening. Having friends like these, who rise to the occasion to adapt to a world that i can do, means so much to me. I notice every offer,every visit, every washed dish, every errand, every kind word and i thank you.... it really means so much to me and helps me keep fighting on.

I guess i still can feel normal and like myself in this sick body of mine....

1 comment:

bex said...

that sounds like a wonderful weekend!! I am thrilled that you got to enjoy it as you did. Love to you!!